Saturday, August 15, 2009

I nearly died today ): It was so scary. =/ Let me tell you what happened... Yes i was feeling really down and I know it's not safe for me to cross the road by jaywalking, which is what i usually do. So today i waited and make sure that the green man is lighted before i started crossing. unfortunately, tt doesn't work =/



this first picture shows the T-junction just below my house. the red shaded part is the pedestrian crossing i used while the green shaded area was where the lorry came from..





the purple man is me. the green man lighted and cars stopped. only those driving in the same direction as I was walking were moving. the traffic light turned red quite awhile since i saw the lorry from far. as in the lorry is supposed to stop. i felt quite safe to cross initially cos the lorry was far and there were cars moving thru the T-junction, making me feel that the lorry will not just ignore the red light. who knows...





i continued walking thinking that the lorry will stop. and for anyone in my position will think it's quite safe. cos the lorry is far in the sense that there's cars driving in the direction i'm heading towards. it's like "protecting" me, forming a kind of barrier.






the lorry DID NOT STOP. it went fast and drove str8 into me. ok, it didn't run me down. but i'm lucky. i'm glad i looked to my right and saw the lorry coming. cos i was walking and looking str8. i was really stunned. cos the blue car was driving thru the T-junction. and it could have just knocked into the lorry.

i was stunned but luckily i reacted in time and ran towards the divider in the middle of the road. the lorry was like just 2-3metres away from me. the driver was driving fast. when i ran towards the divider, the lorry zoomed past me like so freaking near. just like a few inches ... another auntie was beside me and she nearly got knocked down too.. =/ cars were horning at the lorry and other pedestrians were cursing and swearing at the driver. when ther driver drove past, he gave the "whatever" look. i can't rmb the car plate no... i think there's a "5"? maybe "582" i can't rmb the alphabets at all. and there was a probation plate hung at the back of the lorry. i think everything happened too quickly and i was too shocked at the moment. to think that i'm actually good at memorising numbers... sigh. ):

immediately after the incident, i cried. ): it was so scary....... i only thought that these kinda things will happen in dramas esp when the actress says things like "i thought i wont be able to see you anymore".. now i know this is really the case. I was so afraid. I was alone. I thought i wont be able to see my loved ones anymore. ))): But i'm really glad i'm fine. now images of that incident is still flashing in my mind. it's so scary... =/

sigh. luckily no one was hurt in the "accident" just now, if not, i will be badly traumatised.. =/ the driver will get his retribution. fuck you for reckless driving. KNNCCB.

-I will change for a better future-

No comments: